The process of buying the best TV for gaming is always important, many aspects have to be taken into consideration, including how we will use it.
This is especially important if you are thinking about using television to play games. Since in these cases, the aspects you see vary. Therefore, I will leave you below with a guide with many important aspects.
So if you are thinking of buying a TV for gaming, be clear about what you want to watch and the selection process will be easier for you.
Also, in the end, we show you some recommended models. Thus, you will be able to find the right gaming TV for you.
1. LG Electronics 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart OLED TV For Gaming
We start with this LG TV TV for gaming, a good size with a 55-inch LED screen that offers a huge gaming experience.
This TV comes with support for 4K resolution, which is important, due to its image quality and color treatment.
In addition, there is HDR technology, which provides a good experience while playing games on that TV.
It is a smart TV for gaming, which means that it has an internet facility so that you can play streaming games.
This model stands out for its good image and audio quality, an important combination for which you will not only enjoy the games but also your favorite series or programs.
Furthermore, this LG model stands out for an accessible price, which undoubtedly makes it the most interesting option.
Also Read: Best Gaming Headphones/Headset India 2021
- Dimensions (WxHxD): W/O Stand: 48.7″ x 30.2″ x 2.2″ | W/ Stand: 48.7″ x 30.2″ x 6.9″ | VESA 400 x 200
- Smart functionality gives you access to your favorite apps and content using webOS 3.5. CONNECTIVITY: Wi-Fi Built In 802.11ac
- Pairs 4K Ultra HD picture clarity with the contrast, color, and detail of High Dynamic Range (HDR) for the most lifelike picture
- Individually lit OLED pixels achieve the ultimate contrast for outstanding picture quality
- OLED does not require a backlight giving it deep blacks and making it extremely thin
- Inputs: 4 HDMI, 3 USB, 1 RF, 1 Composite, Component Shared w/ Composite, 1 Ethernet, 1 Optical, 1 RS232C (Mini Jack)
- Recommended sound bars: SJ7, SJ8, and SJ9
2. Sony 55-inch BRAVIA OLED 4K Ultra HD Smart TV For Gaming
The second TV on the list is the Sony model. It has a 55-inch screen. Like the previous model, it is a 4K resolution TV and also has HDR technology, two important requirements in this segment of the television market for gameplay.
It has Android TV as its operating system, which is very easy to use for many users along with using the Internet.
So we can play streaming games and it gives us more possibilities to use with both console and online.
This is a model with an LED display. The refresh rate is 100 Hz, which is a good figure and will not cause problems in its operation.
The sound is fine, although you can get out of it if we connect it to an audio system that we have at home.
Furthermore, the gaming experience in this way can greatly affect it. Television remote gives us the possibility to use voice search.
- OLED + PIXEL CONTRAST BOOSTER: Millions of individual pixels are supercharged for more vibrant colors to complement absolute OLED black.
- MASTER OF QUALITY: Faithfully conveys creator’s intent on screen to deliver the best picture quality.
- PICTURE PROCESSOR X1 ULTIMATE: Sony’s best processor analyzes content to bring out OLED’s intense contrast with pure blacks, peak brightness and natural colors.
- GAME MODE: Take your PlayStation experience to the next level with a Sony 4K gaming TV featuring dedicated Game Mode for a smoother, more responsive gaming experience.
- SMART ANDROID TV with GOOGLE ASSISTANT: Use your voice to control your TV and smart home devices, easily search for movies and shows, get answers, and manage tasks, all hands-free.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA: Stream smart camera feeds with your voice. Through an Alexa enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, and more.
- APPLE AIRPLAY 2 and HOMEKIT SUPPORT: Seamlessly integrate your iPhone and Siri devices with your Sony TV for effortless smart home management and content streaming.
3. SAMSUNG 82-Inch QLED Ultra HD Smart Best 4k TV for Gaming
An interesting option in this regard is to buy a TV with 8K resolution. This is something that will allow users to enjoy images with better detail, something that is undoubtedly necessary when playing the game.
In this area, some options are available, such as the Samsung is a great option, with a great price.
It is a QLED TV for gaming from Samsung, which is 82 inches in size. This will allow you to enjoy a great experience while you are playing in it.
There are many aspects that make it ideal for gaming. On one hand, it is color treatment, as well as great sound quality.
In addition, it has a processor with AI, which allows it to continuously improve in many aspects for its better performance and operation.
Therefore, it is a good option while playing. This will allow you to appreciate everything in great detail for a good treatment of colors.
In addition, it has an excellent sound quality, which is another essential aspect of gaming television. Therefore, it is presented as a good option to consider for playing in this segment of 8K TV.
- REAL 8K RESOLUTION: Samsung Real 8K Resolution offers 16x the resolution of Full HD for exceptional depth of detail to draw you into the picture
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 8K: Samsung’s most powerful TV processor ever enables today’s content to be remastered into stunning 8K detail with optimized sound, picture, and custom content recommendations
- 8KAI upscaling: Intelligently remasters content so you can enjoy today’s content in stunning 8K detail
- FULL ARRAY ELITE BACKLIGHT 16X: Concentrated zones of precision-controlled LEDs auto-adjust for Samsung’s best contrast between pure whites and ultra-deep blacks, revealing hidden details in even the darkest scenes
- 8K QUANTUM HDR 24X: Unimaginable 8K depth of detail and high dynamic range powered by HDR10+ illuminates intensely deep colors and super fine details with astounding cinematic clarity
4. SAMSUNG 55-inch 4K UHD Smart TV with Alexa
For a better gaming experience, choose as low-lag TV as possible. In this regard, TV producers are already improving a lot.
There are models that perform very well in this area, with models from brands such as Samsung or LG.
In this sense, a great option is the Samsung QLED TV for gaming which is 55 inches in size.
This will definitely provide a huge gaming experience. Apart from having 4K resolution, these games can enjoy every detail with the best quality.
It is a powerful TV, with a processor with low input lag as well as artificial intelligence. Artificial Intelligence is making its entry into the processor in gaming television with good results.
Because they allow better performance when playing games, in addition to knowing how each person can adapt very well to use their television.
Therefore, it is one of the keys of this Samsung best TV for gaming. What would allow this good operation at all times?
- DIRECT FULL ARRAY 16X* (75″, 65″ & 55″): Fine control of the lighting zones behind the screen, further improve the richness of the blacks to whites.
- ULTRA VIEWING ANGLE: Engineered to reduce glare and enhance color, providing a vibrant picture no matter where you sit.
- QUANTUM HDR 16X: A wider range of brightness and color come together for a strikingly vivid and cinematic picture.Standby Power Consumption:0.5
- OBJECT TRACKING SOUND: Two top and two bottom built-in TV speakers adjust the sound to follow the action.
- QUANTUM PROCESSOR 4K: This powerful processor uses deep learning AI to transform everything you watch into stunning 4K.
- ALEXA BUILT-IN: Ask more from your TV. Just ask Alexa to open apps, change the channel, search for movies and shows , play music, control your smart home devices and more. To talk to Alexa, press and hold the mic button on your remote. If you have hands-free enabled just say, “Alexa” and ask a question.
- Dimensions w/o Stand(WxHxD): 48.3″ x 27.8″ x 1.4″ | Dimensions w/ Stand(WxHxD): 48.3″ x 31.3″ x 9.3″ | Stand Size(WxHxD): 13.5″ x 9.5″ x 9.3″
5. Sony 65 Inch BRAVIA XR Full-Array LED 4K Ultra HD Smart Google Best TV for PS5
There are several options to be able to use in this regard with the PS5. Similar aspects must be taken into consideration when choosing these gaming televisions.
Size, panel quality, response time or refresh rate. But if these aspects have already been taken into consideration, then the process of choosing someone should not be that complicated.
A good option in this regard is Sony. It is a 65-inch size television. It uses Ultra HD HDR LED panel with 4K resolution.
It stands for its high image quality, which you can enjoy both while playing games and consuming other content or watching television programs in a normal way. It has a good quality, in addition to a lower price than other models in its range.
Therefore, it has been presented as one of the best options in this segment of gaming television, with which PS5 can be maximized. So this TV for gaming is worth keeping in mind when looking for a new one.
- COGNITIVE PROCESSOR XR – Revolutionary TV processing technology that understands how humans see and hear to deliver intense contrast with pure blacks, high peak brightness, and natural colors.
- XR TRILUMINOS PRO – Rediscover everything you watch with billions of accurate colors and see impressive picture quality that is natural and beautiful to the human eye.
- FULL ARRAY LED & XR CONTRAST BOOSTER – Precisely controlled backlighting brings out real-life depth and detail with deep blacks and high peak brightness.
- GOOGLE TV – Seamlessly browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Watch content from Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, the Apple TV app, and many more.
- BRAVIA CORE – Bring the cinematic experience home. Enjoy streaming high-quality movies included with BRAVIA CORE, exclusively on select Sony TVs.
- HDMI 2.1 – Get the most out of next-gen gaming with BRAVIA XR HDMI 2.1 enabled TVs featuring 4K/120Hz and BRAVIA Game Mode for increased frame rate and reduced input lag.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA – Through an Alexa-enabled device, just ask Alexa to play music, launch video apps, turn up the volume, stream your smart camera, and more.
What is the best TV or monitor to use with a gaming console?
A question that many people have for sure, when they play with solace, is whether they should choose a monitor or buy a TV.
Each of these options has its advantages and disadvantages, but you have to take many aspects into consideration.
Since there may be users specifically looking for gaming television, this is not the only thing that needs to be considered.
It is important to be clear about usage. If you only want to play with the console or you already have a television at home, then it is better to buy a monitor.
Since there are many more monitors for gaming than television. So they have specifications that allow great performance, response time, refresh, sound, color, etc. in this regard. So, in that case, it is easy to find something.
Although you have to consider whether you want to use it as a television as well. There may be users who want both possibilities, watch their favorite programs, but are also able to play.
In this case, you have to consult gaming television, from which you can get the most out of these two functions.
The problem is that most televisions, although very good progress has been made in recent years, are not specifically intended for gaming, as is the case with monitors.
So despite the fact that you can find models that give a good performance, they are not ready or give a performance for gaming that a monitor can give us. This is something to keep in mind at all times.
Nor can it be forgotten that a television is somewhat expensive, which in many cases is an investment.
Gaming monitors can be expensive in many cases, but gaming is always cheaper than television. So they better fit the user’s budget in that case.
Therefore, for the more casual gamer, who is not so demanding, a television can give a great display, as long as you also need a television, using it only for gaming is a big expense.
But in the case of expert and demanding gamers, then it is better to buy a monitor, which will adjust much better to their demands. In addition, there are large monitors, which give a good user experience.
When choosing a new smart TV, it is important to use whatever you want to make it. More and more users are wanting to use gaming TV, so that they can play with the console on it.
Without a doubt, it is a wager designed for a better experience and one should be able to see in detail everything that happens in the game.
However it is important that these meet a range of television requirements. For gaming users, there are some important aspects, such as refresh rate or response time.
Next, we will talk about running television so that you can learn more about the options available in the market.
Resolution is perhaps the most important aspect in this case. If you are going to use this TV to play games, it should have the best possible resolution.
Offer exceptional image quality, as well as good color treatment, so that the gaming experience is the best possible. In this sense, you have to demand a lot more and look for quality.
Therefore, the TV you are going to choose must have at least 4K resolution. There are several reasons for this.
On the one hand, we see how the television sector is moving in this direction, so that more and more models have 4K resolution.
Therefore it will soon become common in the world market. This can help reduce your prices.
In addition, consoles also start incorporating 4K resolution. At the moment it is limited to Xbox One and PlayStation 5, and not all games, but we see how the number of titles starts growing as well.
So having a TV with this resolution matters, because you are going to get the most from it.
We should not forget that 8K is the best resolution that we currently have on the market. A great image quality, good treatment of colors and great dynamics. Therefore it is ideal when playing video games.
There is also the presence of HDR related to this. Ideally, given the increasing number of games using this technology,
it should be compatible with HDR. So if we have a TV with HDR, this is something that we will end in the near future. It also depends on the type of games you usually play.
Another aspect that we always have to keep in mind when buying TV, so if we buy one to play, is its size.
In this sense, there are always many discussions because in part it does not depend only on the user’s preferences. You also have to keep in mind the location at home, where it will be located, as well as the budget.
Logically, a larger model would contribute to a more detailed experience, in addition to allowing the description to be viewed better.
Therefore, it may be more appropriate to place bets on larger models, for which we can fully enjoy our favorite video games.
There is no ideal size, although from 40 inches it can be a good option, keeping in mind the available space in your home.
If we opted for a 4K TV, we have models up to 65 inches in size, which can be somewhat excessive. But without doubt, between 40 inches and 50 inches can be good choices, which gives us a good experience.
Personal preferences also play a determining role in this regard. For some, a very large screen can be inconvenient to play,
especially in some games where you have to focus on several things at the same time. Depending on what is most comfortable for you, you will get the ideal size of your TV to play.
This is one of the most complex points, as we have both notable advantages and disadvantages among the currently available options (LED, LCD, OLED or QLED),
so there is no option that clearly wins the rest. In addition, personal preferences again play a determining role when choosing the technology of your TV panel to play.
QLED panels are darker in color as well as more detailed in darker areas. What allows us to experience more contrast and a lot more dynamic.
In this case, the reaction time is also short, of importance in a game. But, their prices are usually higher, moreover, retention of images arouses suspicion.
For this reason, many users opt for TVs with LED technology. They are models that stand out for their brightness, which may not be so comfortable for watching television programs, but it is perfect for playing games.
So in this case the feel and color are more vivid. Also, keep in mind that they are very cheap TVs compared to QLED TVs.
Therefore, there is no technology that is most beneficial to users. Both provide us with a series of advantages and disadvantages,
which we must analyze and thus be able to determine what is best for us. The price differences between OLED TVs and QLED are notable, something that may affect the decision.
This is already something mentioned in the previous section, in which we talk about panel technology.
Response time is a good thing to consider, although it is not something we should worry too much about or focus on. This is not the top priority in this case.
In this sense, it depends on your choice in terms of panel technology. If you have opted for the QLED model, the response time is shortest compared to LCD or LED.
The reality is that when it comes to playing, we may be interested in reaction times that are as short as possible. For this reason, many bets have been placed on QLED TV in these cases.
However the reality is that this is an area in which the industry in general is improving, and not just on televisions that have high prices. Therefore, soon it will be of lesser importance or priority in your choice.
This is an essential aspect when choosing the ideal gaming TV for us. Since this is an aspect that is overlooked in many cases.
But it is very important that we check the number of ports that each model gives us more types. Because there can be a notable difference between one model and another.
We should check the number of HDMI connectors that the TV has. Depending on each user, a minimum may be necessary, although think that a model with four connectors would be very useful, as it would allow us to play without disconnecting something to be able to do so.
In this sense we have to be comfortable and we are likely to have many connected devices.
An Internet connection is also important, although it is common on smart TVs. Especially now that video games are gaining a streaming presence. You can take advantage of these functions on television.
Latency or input lag
Another aspect that we cannot take too much into consideration, but it is necessary in this process of choosing to gaming TV.
Latency matters in the gaming experience, so you have to be careful when choosing. This is not an issue on which there is a general consensus, although the recommendation is usually to place bets on a television whose latency or input interval does not exceed 20 ms. Around this amount is fine.
The idea is that the latency figure is as low as possible, so it can be an aspect that helps you choose one model over another.
Since what is the latency time, when we place a command on the console control, it is processed and told that the action appears on the screen.
The lower the data, the shorter the time between operations on the remote and the time it is displayed on the screen. Exactly what we want, so that the gaming experience is not disturbed.
An important aspect while playing the game is the refresh rate, something that we have also seen in gaming smartphones that are accelerating the market this year.
And the same thing applies in the case of TV. In this case, the principle is simple, the more often we refresh, the better for us.
However, the recommendation of many experts is usually 120 Hz. It is also one of the most common, but makes it perfect for getting the best gaming experience on our TVs.
This aspect is especially important if you play too often, as you will get out of it and you will be able to enjoy your game more.
If you are not going to use television to play excessively or too often, this is one aspect that should be kept in mind, but it should not be the deciding factor in your final choice. Especially if you believe the price is too high.
Television manufacturers have seen an increase in the popularity of gaming models. Therefore, it is increasingly common that we find a so-called gaming mode or game mode in them.
As we are going to use this TV to play, the presence of this mode is a basic requirement, it must be yes or yes.
So, when we are comparing models, if there is a TV that does not have this mode, the reality is that it is not a suitable television to play. Or at least we won’t be able to get the most from this equipment that we can.
How to set TV for gaming?
If you are going to use television to play games, there is a series of configurations that are good to carry out, so that you can get the most out of it and thus have better operation in this regard. These are aspects that can be done on television in general, even in settings.
Rename HDMI as PC
A simple but useful trick. You can rename the HDMI port for the PC to which you have connected the console.
This is something that has been achieved in settings, although the route may change depending on the specific TV.
The reason for this is that it is a recommended trick that the TV will know that you have computer-generated images, so it disables all image processing intended for movies.
Therefore there will be no processing that affects the image quality of the game, allowing us to enjoy the most in this regard.
When it comes to gaming, the minimum input interval is important. For this reason, many gaming televisions have a so-called game mode, which allows it to be reduced, in addition to the adoption of televisions for its operation in games.
There may be cases in which the change is not very noticeable, but it will always favor the operation of the games. This usually happens in TV settings.
Disable additional processing
While this was already seen as a way in the first phase, in many cases not all additional image processing is inactive.
They are something that does not really contribute much when playing, so, for a better gaming experience on time, it is better to deactivate them.
Functions like True Motion, Dynamic Contrast or Edge Enhancement are some of the options we never need.
Because they only add input gaps, just something we don’t want, and they degrade image quality every time.
The general thing is that there is a menu in the settings where these options are, and they can be disabled there.
Contrast, brightness and color
This is an issue that always has to be adjusted, although it depends more on each individual case depending on the user’s preferences.
Also because it is something that can vary depending on the game. It is best to open the game on the screen and then proceed to adjust the brightness or contrast, providing the ideal setting for you.
In the case of contrast, it is usually the norm between 70 and 80. While others in 50. You should also consider the color temperature, which in many gaming TVs should be warmer than normal.